How To Set Up Instagram Shop For E-Commerce
Instagram allows people to conduct their e-commerce business via the Instagram shop.
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms today. People share pictures and videos of their day-to-day life.
With over 2 billion active users, people also use Instagram to promote their products.
With Covid stopping people from going out, many businesses have suffered.
The Instagram shop is Instagram’s answer to this problem. People can now sell their products online via the Instagram shop. It enhances the buyer’s shopping experience and makes shopping fun.
If you are wondering how you can set up your virtual shop on Instagram, we have got you covered. But first, let’s find out more about the Instagram shop and its features.
Table Of Contents:-
- What is an Instagram shop?
- Steps to set up an Instagram shop
- Is Instagram shop a good option for e-commerce?
- How useful is the Instagram shop?
What is an Instagram shop?
An Instagram shop is a storefront on Instagram that lets people shop from their favourite brands. It allows brands to showcase their product catalogue on their Instagram profile. Brands share information about their products through Instagram posts.
The Instagram shop comes with many features that improve the shopping experience of the buyers. Some key terms that a marketer should know are:-
Product Details Page:-It displays all the key information about the product including its price and description. They display content where your product is tagged and let people go to your website for transactions.
It allows customization of the shop and organizes products into themes.
- Product Tags:-
These tags allow users to learn more about a product by clicking on them. You can also use product tags with ads and increase the visibility of your posts.
With this feature, people can either purchase directly from the company’s Instagram page or through their e-commerce website.
- Shop Discovery Tab:-
It allows people who don’t follow you to discover your Instagram page making it easier for people to find out about the products.
Steps to set up an Instagram shop
Step 1: Open a business account
To start with your Instagram shop, you must first create a business account on Instagram. Follow these simple steps to create your Business account:-
- In settings, find Account and tap Switch to professional account.
- Pick a category that best describes your business, then select Business.
Step 2: Connect your Facebook page
You can create an Instagram shop account without a Facebook page. If you already have one, then:-
- Click on the Edit Profile option on Instagram.
- Select Page under Public Business Information.
- Finally, choose your Facebook page to connect, and voila! you have successfully finished step 2.
If you don’t have a Facebook page, don’t worry. Follow these simple steps to create one.
1. Go to facebook.com/pages/create.
- Next, choose a Category.
- Fill in the required information.
- Click Create Page.
- Add an optional profile or cover photo, and then click Save.
Step 3: Upload your catalogue
Now upload all your products. You can do this either by Facebook Business Manager or through an eCommerce database.
To upload the catalogue via the Facebook Business Manager, follow these simple steps.
- Log into your Facebook Business account and go to Commerce Manager.
- Next, click on Get Started and select Create a Catalog.
- Now, select Ecommerce (products) and click next.
- Now upload information about your products by clicking on Upload Product Info.
- Assign this catalogue to your Business Manager account and enter a name for your catalogue.
- Click on Create. Now head back to Commerce Manager and select your catalogue.
- Open up the Catalog tab and navigate to Items. Now, select Add Items, then Add Manually and hit next.
- Follow the instructions and upload the product image, its description, and its details
- In the Item Category section, select your specific category. You can also add different sizes or colours under Create Variants.
- After this, click Finish or hit Add Another Item and start back at step 8.
If you want to upload a catalogue through an e-commerce database, then:-
- First, go to Commerce Manager.
- Now Open the Catalog tab and go to Data Sources.
- Next select Add Items, then Use a Partner Platform, then click on next.
- Select your platform of choice for eg. Shopify, BigCommerce, ChannelAdvisor, etc.
- Now follow the link to the partner platform website and follow the steps there to connect your account with Facebook.
Is Instagram shop a good option for e-commerce?
The Instagram shop is a very efficient platform for e-commerce. Over 90% of users follow at least one business page on Instagram.
Having a social media presence for brands makes them easier to approach people. The Instagram shop makes the shopping experience more customized and easy for the users.
With over 2 billion people regularly visiting Instagram, having an Instagram shop for an e-commerce brand is an excellent choice. It allows businesses to directly target their customers.
With interactive customer-friendly features, people are more likely to find out about businesses via Instagram as compared to traditional ways.
How useful is the Instagram shop?
Many brands have increased traffic on their pages due to Instagram shop. With easy-to-set-up and user-friendly features, the Instagram shop has helped brands make them more visible. People can browse shops and explore shop collections through Instagram.
It is easy for brands to curate their shops with the best displays from their catalogue. With influencer marketing, brands can sell their products to larger audiences with much ease.
Brands can also engage with their audiences. This makes them appear more authentic and trustworthy. This helps them to increase the sale of their products.
The Instagram shop has come as a saviour for various e-commerce businesses. It has made the shopping experience of users, especially during the pandemic more fun and interactive.
The Instagram shop has made it easy for brands to reach the homes of billions of people across the globe. It is a great addition to e-commerce websites, making life easier for both buyers and sellers.